This is the first of 3 online seminars we are hosting (1.5 hours each). Each event is based on one of our core themes, developed at the last workshop in Stromness, Orkney. The aim is to get a quick update on current ISSMER member activities with the hope of bringing as many of us together to discuss our latest work and ideas.
We invite you to join us online, but please note that places are limited.
Theme: Community Benefit
How might those who live with marine energy benefit from its development?
Time and date
16.00 – 17.30 GMT / 11.00 – 12:30 EST / 8.00 – 9.30 PST
- Sandy Kerr (International Center for Island Technology, Heriot Watt University, Orkney campus): Community Benefits – Fair shares or token gestures?
- Glen Wright (Australian National University, College of Law): Rights & Ownership in Marine Spaces
- Simon Jude (Environmental Science and Technology Department, Cranfield University): title to be confirmed.
Online Seminar Format
The seminar will have 3 short presentations (15 mins each) around a theme, followed by 45 minutes plenary discussion with all participants.
How to participate
To book your place please email our ISSMER Coordinator, Simon Bæk Carstensen (email@example.com).
Note: Those who have already been in touch about participating will get a reserved place, but should confirm with Simon that they would like to keep it.
- Sandy Kerr: Community Benefits – Fair shares or token gestures?
- Glen Wright: Rights & Ownership in Marine Spaces
On behalf of the ISSMER Coordinating Committee:
Sandy Kerr, Kate Johnson, Laura Watts.